There is a large range of products in the market, that one can use to get relief from knee strain and pain. It is necessary to provide stability and support to the injured knee to heal itself. Two of the most effective options available for this purpose are knee braces and knee sleeves. Here’s everything you need to know about these products.
What Are Knee Braces?
Excessive mobility and exertion should be avoided with an injured knee as it puts more strain on the injury and disturbs the healing process. A knee brace is worn over the knee area which tightly grips the adjoining muscles and ligaments, thereby taking off the pressure from that region. Due to its excellent support and firmness, it is used by athletes, sportspersons, weight lifters, mountaineers, working professionals, etc. to overcome knee injuries.
Advantages of Knee Braces
This has been a go-to tool for knee patients and people suffering from knee injuries because of its benefits.
- The support provided by the brace is enough to take off the pressure of the body weight and hence it gives the knee enough time to heal.
- The brace firmly holds the injured area and saves it from further jerks, exertions, and strains.
- It provides mobility without discomfort. It does not restrict the movement of the individuals and allows them to walk at their own pace.
What Are Knee Sleeve Support Braces?
Knee sleeve support braces are generally used for minor injuries. However, it can be used by anyone as it provides compression and stability around the knee region. This regulates the blood flow and strengthens the knee to carry the body weight more efficiently. The warmth provided by this sleeve makes it an excellent tool to relax the muscles and reduce pain. Moreover, it also helps in minimizing muscle fatigue after a strenuous workout session.
Advantages of Knee Sleeve Support Braces
The most unique feature of this tool is the wide variety of its usage.
- It is mostly used by professional athletes and weightlifters during their training. It releases a lot of pressure from their joints without restricting mobility and hence, reduces the chances of muscle failure and injuries.
- Minor knee injuries and niggles can be easily corrected by the use of these sleeves without hampering your day-to-day work.
- The warming effect of the knee sleeves helps in soothing and relaxing the stiff knee joints.
How To Decide Which One To Choose?
The best way to get to know which one you should go for depends both on the requirement and level of comfort one is looking for. Cases of general muscle fatigue and minor injuries may be corrected by knee sleeve support braces. In cases of serious knee injuries, one should always go for a Grade-3 knee brace which is necessary for immediate comfort.
What To Invest On?
The use of knee braces and knee sleeves has substantially increased in recent years. Patients with Arthritis and fractures have no other alternative for their relief and recovery. Structured support and stability should always be preferred over mobility in such cases. People also use them for muscle recovery and rehabilitation in case of minor inconveniences after strenuous exertions. In such cases, warmth and compression are necessary along with mobility. Both these products come under an affordable price range and are worth a try before opting for surgical treatments in acute cases. Consultation with the doctor and getting to know the type of the injury is advised before choosing what you should go for.